Thursday, February 7, 2013

Haiku: Fado (Portugal)

Today's we have Carpe Diem #116, Fado (Portugal), I was unfamiliar with, a music of fate and destiny, soulful and mournful. I listened to some on the internet and came across this beautiful song Vivendo Sem Mim (Living With Out Me) by Ana Sofia Varela. I looked up the lyrics, though Spanish and Portuguese are similar, there's enough of a difference in the pronunciation, that I couldn't get hearing the song only once. The lyrics depicted such beautiful and sorrowful imagery which inspired my haiku today.

Wish upon stars
Sky's romantic gesture
Moon's betrayal






2 comments:

  1. Oh! so moon played spoilsport, very well written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moon's betrayal ... wow !!!

    ReplyDelete

Praise, constructive criticism, and discussions welcome. Pure negativity and rudeness will not be approved or tolerated.