Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A to Z Poetry: Clerihew Poems

A clerihew poem is comic pair of couplets following the rhyme scheme of, aabb, about a person or character. The first line often contains the name of the person or character.

Lumière my maître d'
Please let me be
I've got two left feet
and shoes made of concrete


Disney's Beauty and the Beast













The Bull Ferdinand
On a bee did land
Was picked for the matador fight
When he'd rather dream of a flower sprite


Comedy really isn't my strongest.
---------------------

Today's Haiku

Haiku Heights April A to Z: Candle

Waltzing candle flame
Light my way in the dark night
Keep away the beast


Carpe Diem: Taurus (The Bull)

Abducted princess
No good can come from this
A god in disguise

2 comments:

  1. These were cute. And kind of make me want to play with short poems again.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I have lots of fun with short poems!

    ReplyDelete

Praise, constructive criticism, and discussions welcome. Pure negativity and rudeness will not be approved or tolerated.