Thursday, April 25, 2013

A to Z PoetryL: Villanelle Poems

A villanelle poem is a nineteen-line poem consisting of a very specific rhyming scheme: A1bA2 abA1 abA2 abA1 abA2 abA1A2, the first and the third lines in the first stanza are repeated in alternating order throughout the poem, and appear together as the last two lines.

This is one of my favorite forms, but I noticed my template was missing a stanza so I wonder if my older ones have all 19 lines? Oh well :) 
Yes, I have a template; I'm an engineer! That's why I like poetry forms with syllable counts and repeating lines :) It blends creativity and math!
 

Pull Slow

Pull the forest's layering slow
Underneath the leaves, moss and mold
The magic is hidden below

It’s a secret that I know
Hidden in the hills of old
So, pull the forest's layering slow

The fae dance to and fro
Celebrating the end of  winter’s cold
The magic is hidden below

When spring’s warm breezes blow
The fairies delight in the stars’ twinkling gold
So, pull the forest's layering slow

Dissent flute  harmonies flow
as mystic drum beats take hold
The magic is hidden below

Beneath the Pink Moon’s glow
Ancient powers unfold
So, pull the forest's layering slow
The magic is hidden below

-------------------

Today's Haiku

Haiku Heights April A to Z: Volcano

her heart burns

as the angry sea churns through the night

Carpe Diem: Full Pink Moon
 

tending to dreams
beneath the full pink moon
writing away

No comments:

Post a Comment

Praise, constructive criticism, and discussions welcome. Pure negativity and rudeness will not be approved or tolerated.